Disks for Erbauer 98mm Cordless Circular Saw

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Ansel, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Ansel

Ansel Member

I bought an Erbauer (EMCS18-Li) 98mm Cordless Circular Saw a few months back — pictured below. It works well. I now need some extra metal cutting blades. However, the only 98mm blades I can find are a pack of three assorted blades sold by Screwfix for this saw at nearly £19. The pack contains only one metal cutting disc. Is 98mm a proprietary size only for this saw? It seems so. Or at least I can't find any other disks for sale anywhere. Interestingly, Screwfix has since discontinued this saw. Can anyone advise where I might find replacement metal blades?
    [​IMG]

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

erbaur is mostly screwfix own
    try 4" or 100mm as they are only half 2 or 3.4mm [1/1.7mm] bigger around the edge you just need the bore and thickness to match

Astramax likes this.
  3. Ansel

Ansel Member

Thanks, I'll certainly give it a go if I can find any 4" or 100mm discs with an 11mm bore.

The disc size of 98 mm with an 11 mm bore seems entirely proprietary to Erbauer, and Erbauer only offers a triple pack containing three different discs. I'd never have bought this particular mini saw if I had known this before. It's annoying as, like with all things Erbauer, the saw works well and is very well made given the relatively low price.

4. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 Screwfix Select

5. Ansel

Ansel Member

Thanks. I saw this last night, along with another similarly sized disc. Unfortunately, this disc isn't specifically for metal; the other I saw was only for ceramics. I have to cut through a hefty chunk of steel. The cutting blade that came with the mini saw did well and got three-quarters the way through before it disintegrated. Ideally, I need a larger saw, but as it's a one-off job and I'm unlikely to need a larger saw again for a long while, I'm trying to use the tools I have at hand.

6. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

I like Erbauer for the money but in this instance just buy the cheapest corded angle grinder you can find on Amazon. Be cheaper overall.

7. Ansel

Ansel Member

I think you are right. Many thanks for the advice.