Dissertation survey respondents required

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by jrgeorge, Dec 19, 2017.

1. jrgeorge

jrgeorge New Member

Good Afternoon,
    As a part of my final year I have to complete a dissertation. My dissertation is titled "Generational differences towards health and safety attitudes and behaviour in the construction industry". As apart of the project i am sending out a survey. If you work in the construction industry and have a few spare minutes could you complete it please.

you can access it here: https://eSurv.org?s=MHMMGO_22e0b029

Thank you.

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Completed the survey

All the best with your studies

jrgeorge likes this.
  3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Me too. Not difficult and full marks to this person for their approach.

jrgeorge likes this.
  4. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Done

jrgeorge likes this.
  5. jrgeorge

jrgeorge New Member

Thank you everyone who has completed the survey. it really helps.

6. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I think it's very sad that the standards of university's have slipped so much that a dissertation can be based on evidence from a monkey survey on the SF forum.

7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Done, though i feel the questions didn't go far enough.

8. WillyEckerslike

You don't know if this is the only source of feedback or if forms part of a wider pool of responses from other target groups.

9. jrgeorge

jrgeorge New Member

I can assure you that this is only one of the many platforms i have sent my survey out on and is only a brief section of my dissertation.

10. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Many platforms? Lol, including this one? Ok, assuming 10% of them are internet based that's 10% of potential total bollix right there. For a "scientifically backed" fact proved dissertation. Your tutors gonna love you for that. I might add this is in incredibly lazy way to gather your information.

11. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Ok, assuming 10% of the answer are internet based that's 10% of potential total bollix right there. For a "scientifically backed" fact proved dissertation. His tutors gonna love him for that. I might add this is in incredibly lazy way for him to gather his information.

12. WillyEckerslike

Relax. It's only an essay with more research - no requirement for 'scientifically backed' at all. All he/she needs to do is identify that they surveyed a variety of sources for feedback and add some statistical caveats. It is a bit rich to criticise someone else for their research (which you have no idea about except what you have seen here) when you cannot be bothered to research the plural of 'university', which happens to be 'universities' to save you the trouble.

Jord86 and jrgeorge like this.
  13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Christ, if Jack decides to do this, he'll end up arguing with jrgeorge about something before long. :D:D:D:D

14. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

15. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Any research for ANY uni. project has to be properly referenced so it can be shown to come from a reliable source. Posting something up on the internet so any old Tom, Dick or Harry and complete it is clearly pointless, stupid and a complete waste of time. If who ever reviews this dissertation has any kind of gumption they will say the same thing and dismiss the results. Odd, though, that you should be "busted up" over this. Is he your mate or something?

16. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Um, it was a typo...I'll try not to mess up next time so the Grammar Nazi's don't pounce on me:rolleyes:

17. WillyEckerslike

That's not the plural of Nazis either..... Dear oh dear.

jrgeorge likes this.
  18. WillyEckerslike

No idea who he or she is. I just thought it was disingenuous of you to **** on their chips when you knew nothing about what their entire research was or what part it formed of their dissertation.

jrgeorge likes this.
  19. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Why? It's a fact of life. He is at university. He is submitting a dissertation. Part of this would seem to include potentially erroneous data from a non-verifiable source. If YOU think that's a good idea, other than thinking that I'm being "disingenuous", then please do explain.

20. WillyEckerslike

My point is you're criticising an approach to something without possession of all the facts, making assumptions that could be completely erroneous. Imagine if you had said 'I use a neon screwdriver all the time' you'd be hounded to hell and back by pretty much everyone on here despite them not knowing that you 'use a neon screwdriver all the time to pierce the lids on microwave meals because that's all they're good for'. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Jord86, jrgeorge and PhilSo like this.