Distance between gas hob and tall cabbinet?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jalumala, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jalumala

jalumala New Member

There goes a good question to all gas safe registered plumbers. What is the minimum distance between gas hob and tall cabinet?
    The HSE Advice Line told me that hob manual will state the minimum distance and this is what should be followed.

My hob requires minimum 150mm.

Speaking to a few plumbers I've noticed that most of them states that it's 300mm minimum. But they couldn't really refer me to the source of that rule.

Anyone could clarify it a little bit?

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Well-Known Member

You follow what the makers say it has to be! If you don’t have access to these you follow other instructions.

3. The Teach

The Teach Active Member

is it a new hob ? or a pre loved item

4. jalumala

jalumala New Member

It will be a new hob ( still in box as we don't have a worktop (not even floor :D ) fitted yet )

5. The Teach

The Teach Active Member

the instructions supplied will give minimum dimensions these are for safety reasons but if you use large fry pans etc you may need some extra space also consider the extractor hood could be wider than the hob

6. jalumala

jalumala New Member

We've got very limited space for the hob, so I will have only 20cm on one side. I know it's not perfect, but better this then nothing ;) We can live with that, but the reason I'm asking is I'm fitting the whole kitchen myself (apart from connecting hob - as I need certifcerte - I'm not touching gas) and don't want to have any problems with insurance etc later on.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018