Divan beds.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Shaggy, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Active Member

My sons bed had started to buckle due to no diagonal bracing in the frame. Does the black webbing stapled to the bottom of the bed have any function apart from hiding the cheap flimsy construction of what looks like thin bit of off cuts knocked together by a blind man??:mad:

Glen.

2. furious_customer

furious_customer Active Member

It certainly shouldn't be contributing anything to the structural integrity of the bed.
    You could probably add a brace and just prop it up with a vetical piece onto the floor.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Active Member

When I get time at the weekend I'm going to put a couple diagonal braces in the frame and that should keep it going until after Christmas.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

Lever up staples with a screwdriver and hammer then pull out with grips, remove material

Then with some additional battens, screws and glue, you can make the bed frame stronger than it ever was from new

Been there myself with kids beds being used as trampolines !

Often the frame construction is simply stapled together using the absolute minimum amount of timber

Spend an hour and possibly a fiver on timber and you should get several more years out of the bed :)

5. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Unfortunate name when talking about beds.

Tyro, Shaggy and chippie244 like this.
  6. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Wait until they become teenagers and boyfriends / girlfriends get brought home. I made all my kids beds to ensure they were stronger and the all important squeak free :oops: