Diverter valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mrleek, Sep 5, 2004.

1. mrleek

mrleek New Member

When I turn my boiler on to hot water only the heating also comes on, I think this is caused by the three way valve no working.The motor responds to the heating/hot water setting ok. Is this a serviceable part or should I replace the whole thing?

Thank you for any help

2. nabba64

nabba64 New Member

Hi, yes it does sound like the diverter valve is the problem. There is a few thing that could of went wrong with it, first there is a diaphragm inside the diverter valve that might have got damage E.g. have a hole in it. Also the mechanism might have got jammed. But the best advice if your are not sure in your abilities is to get a professional in, but watch out from the militant anti-corgi D.I.Yer fundamentalists on this forum that will tell that professional are the sons of Satan, and corgi is the point of all evil.

p.s. it is always easier to take thing apart then to put them back together but if u are up to it it is some time cool to fix stuff for self. But do not mess with gas!! Replacing a diaphragm is one thing; gas is a bigger kettle of fish,

hope this help, trying not to be a downer

3. John@KC

John@KC New Member

This subject has come up on a number of occasions.

In my opinion it is false economy to just fit a new motor, replace the whole thing, preferably with Honeywell

J