Divorce

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Feb 22, 2017.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Fox was hungry so back comes Gru!

2. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

My kids are both grown up & so I don't see cartoons anymore.
    I thought you were someone from "Shrek" :rolleyes:
    Seen a trailer on You-Tube for Gru!
    My avatar stems from when I tried to cut my thumb off (by accident):)

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What happened on Wednesday with the Vulture meet?

longboat likes this.
  5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Could not make it. Had to postpone.

Ruddy wife is changing password on account so i cannot access it online! She locking me out of the savings!!!! She said she is safeguarding her interest!

What she does not realise is that i have noted the new password! Seriously thinking of going in there and transferring half to my account!! Plus she has money tied up in bonds! In her name!

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Joint but in her name. Told her tonight that i am going all out for divorce now and will get half of everything now. I will cite the divorce, unreasonable behavior. Had a guts full.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I just altered my pin on my PC so she cannot access the online bank! Its my PC! :p

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Your amongst friends here....what is the new pin number? :D

KIAB likes this.
  10. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

You need to take your money ASAP nothing stopping her from using another PC time to fight back and regain your life

KIAB likes this.
  11. Call me cynical, but I suspect the trust has gorn in this relationship...

12. Keep it cool, Kools. Really.

Keep calm. By all means tell her what you now intend, but stay cool.

And make sure this is how you want to do it.

It all sounds hellish :(

13. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

I heard she is citing his aversion to dot and dabbing the wall in their recent renovations as being her grounds for divorce.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  14. You mean I might be called as co-respondent?! :eek:

15. Good reason to get it all documented as I said before.

Moving some of it might be misconstrued by a clever lawyer etc, but written evidence and supporting documents would be seen as efficiency.

The bonds in her name are still joint assets.

16. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Kools
    Why could you not make the appointment with the solicitor?
    Have you made another appointment?
    You should know I am not being funny.
    I also think the CAB might have helped.
    It has helped me when I was made redundant.
    You need all the help you can get. Believe me anyone in your situation does.
    Paul

17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

As you are married, all assets are considered jointly owned so doesn't matter who's name the bank accounts are in. However, if you still have access to the accounts, it would be prudent to take copies of statements.

When it comes to the formal divorce process and sorting out the finances, you will each have to declare all assets including copies of statements going back some period of time - this at least reduces the chances that one of you can spend a load of money and then claim you don't have any assets to share. Having copies of statements ensures she can't say she no longer has the money.

18. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Thanks guys, good advice. Extremely depressed at the moment. Will think about things. Cheers

19. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Separating and getting out of the same house as the Mrs was one of the best decisions I ever made, but it took a LOT of courage. There were many reasons in my head why I didn't want to do it, but I knew that I had to. I was fortunate being in the financial position of being able to rent a flat while also paying for the mortgage so its not something that many people can actually do.

The feeling of freedom, the sadness that disappears, the weight being removed from your shoulders will be palpable if or when you move out.

I would say the relationship with my children is better. Sure I don't see them very often, but before I was always in the man cave or out of the house so never spent any time with them anyway. At least I now see them a bit, on my own terms and I can have my own relationships with them.

20. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I suffer with terrible anxiety and depression too so its a very hard time indeed. Just one push is all i need.