DIY Garden Reno

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by newbuilddiy_IG, Dec 7, 2021.

1. newbuilddiy_IG

newbuilddiy_IG New Member

Eyup guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.. new to the forum but really looking forward to sharing content with you all.

So I'm currently working on project garden... yes I know I should have started this in the summer but I wanted to enjoy the sun right?

The plan is to have this completed by Jan/ Feb including paving and then I can start to focus on the top half of the garden laying Indian sandstone etc... but that's the easy part.

You can follow my journey on @newbuilddiy on instagram and starting to share updates on a YouTube channel so head over and give a fellow DIY'er a sub. Ive tried to upload some pictures here and will one converted.

www.instagram.com/newbuilddiy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGlxy7LP1OkCRRupEDZtEQ

I've completed this in stages so here goes:

-Double boarding the Fence for privacy
    -Digging the slope out of the garden
    -Putting a membrane down
    -Putting MOT Sub base down
    -Starting the construction of the sleeper wall
    -Temporary fence posts for the wall to attach to (see further updates below)
    -Drainage behind the back of the wall and sleepers protected by a membrane, with additional strength supports put all the way along the wall.
    -gravel backfilled behind the wall.

Upcoming video updates:

-Complete the Drainage into an eco running along the fenceline
    -Put sleepers standing upright in front of the wall along to provide a second layer of strength
    -Sleeper topper on the sides and main wall to provide that finished look
    -Backfill behind the wall with some topsoil to level the garden
    - will run 2 armoured cables 1x 1.5 and 1x2.5 for lighting and sockets at the bottom section.
    -fit sleeper lights and garden lighting.

Then I am in a position to start laying the paving down the bottom with a fall running away from the wall.

Appreciate everyone's comments and feedback.

Jon

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/diy-garden-project-on-my-own.582658/#ixzz7EP3LALsz