DIY Gas Worrk is Legal. The proof.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Water Systems, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Mr Ian

Mr Ian New Member

I just made the 200th post on this topic. Do I win a prize??? (perhaps a few random plastic inserts???)

2. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

You only get a prize if it stays at 200 posts.

3. Notinmymums Forest

Notinmymums Forest New Member

just spent the last day n half reading this thread and my opinion is simple and straightforward....why anyone who is not qualified in gas or even has a knowledge of gas would do thier own work is above me....would these gas DIYers attempt brain surgery on a loved one???????????essentially with the potential for gas poisoning the families of these people are at equal risk from these nieve stubborn people who are not only untrained but ill equiped too......leave it to the pros is a few hundred quid worth ya families life?

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

just spent the last day n half reading this thread

:O

WHY?

It's not new, original or even funny ?

G.A.L.

5. Notinmymums Forest

Eye Eye capt.....just voicing my opinion thats all but like many on this forum some people prefer to resent others opinions and love the sound of there own voices......to all the other people on this thread...Get A Life(capt leaky)

6. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

;)

It's the "day and a half bit" I thought was funny :)

7. Notinmymums Forest

dint mean it literally mate....got better things to do really...am off to the flux museum later...cant wait

8. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Eye Eye capt.....just voicing my opinion thats all
    but like many on this forum some people prefer to
    resent others opinions and love the sound of there
    own voices.

I fully agree.

9. rogersmith7671

rogersmith7671 New Member

Irrespective of any duties upon employers and subcontractors, the requirements of the GSIUR apply to <u>any person</u> ie;

(2) No person shall do anything which would affect a gas fitting or any flue or means of ventilation used in connection with the fitting in such a manner that the subsequent use of the fitting might constitute a danger to any person, except that this paragraph does not apply to an alteration to premises.

To be competent,requires at least compliance with the GSIUR, so most people will mitigate the risks involved with non-compliant gas work by employing an RGI.
    This sensible course of action is recommended by others in an effort to reduce the danger to people from unsafe gas installations.
    I suspect that many lives have been saved as a result.
    The relatives of those unfortunate to have died as a result of faulty and/or non-compliant gas work will take very little comfort in the knowledge that the person responsible decided to save a bit of money and do it themselves,and furthermore such doubtful actions where advocated here.

10. Jimthecob

Jimthecob New Member

THATS ENOUGH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

but but...

12. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

Irrespective of any duties upon employers and
    subcontractors, the requirements of the GSIUR apply
    to <u>any person</u> ie;

(2) No person shall do anything which would affect
    ect a gas fitting or any flue or means of ventilation
    used in connection with the fitting in such a manner
    that the subsequent use of the fitting might
    constitute a danger to any person, except that this
    paragraph does not apply to an alteration to
    premises.

To be competent,requires at least compliance with the
    GSIUR, so most people will mitigate the risks
    involved with non-compliant gas work by employing an
    RGI.
    This sensible course of action is recommended by
    others in an effort to reduce the danger to people
    from unsafe gas installations.
    I suspect that many lives have been saved as a
    result.
    The relatives of those unfortunate to have died as a
    result of faulty and/or non-compliant gas work will
    take very little comfort in the knowledge that the
    person responsible decided to save a bit of money and
    do it themselves,and furthermore such doubtful
    actions where advocated here.

I fully agree, they would take no comfort whatsoever.

Conversely, the thousands of DIYers in this country who are often motivated more by a sense of satisfaction and pride than they ever are by financial savings would take little comfort from nanny state legistlation which would, if the views of many, were applied prevent us from stepping outside our own front doors without some sort of test to prove we are capable of doing so without endagering passers by by falling upon them.

13. GKU

GKU New Member

AAAAGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!! - *** guys people are beginning to lose the will to live here , just leave it eh ! , no-one gives a flying **** any more except for a few saddo's , its getting bloody painful now , whats up wiv you lot , there must be more to life than this ***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Jimthecob

Jimthecob New Member

I am wandering aimlessly with a rope in my hand looking for a beam to throw it over!!

15. GKU

GKU New Member

Chortle , chortle ,!!!!! , thank **** for some light hearted banter , makes the world seem a brighter place , S/F should put a stop to this thread now , its p*ssing most of the civilised world off , I went in a paper shop today and some old bird was talking about this thread to her dog , the dog ran out of the shop and under a bus !!!!

16. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I am wandering aimlessly with a rope in my hand looking for a beam to throw it over!!

LMAO. :)
    Ive just bunged my flue with a jute bag.
    Nice knowing yer all...............

17. rekoj

rekoj New Member

Ive just bunged my flue with a jute bag.

:O another mincer!!

18. chris@vietec.com

chris@vietec.com New Member

If it annoys you that much, don't read it, simple, I can't see how it bothers you, just ignore the topic and look at other posts, but it bothers you that much that you actually add posts,which keeps it at the top of page 1, which then makes others read it, so you are fueling the flames.

19. rekoj

rekoj New Member

If it annoys you that much, don't read it, simple, I
    can't see how it bothers you, just ignore the topic
    and look at other posts, but it bothers you that much
    that you actually add posts,which keeps it at the top
    of page 1, which then makes others read it, so you
    are fueling the flames.

Like an incompetent CORGI gas installation. I see what you did there Chris, very clever mate. You should be a writer.

;)

20. Bloodnok

Bloodnok New Member

Arrrrrgh. Chris - your post count is 666!