DIY Kitchens Fitting in London

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Jchowdhury, May 6, 2022.

1. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury New Member

Hey,
    I am looking to do up my parents medium sized kitchen in the next 3-6 months. I’m on a limited budget but it needs to last the test of time as they are both elderly/unwell.
    I really like DIY Kitchens designs but I have no idea how to use the kitchen planner. Is there any kitchen fitters in central London who’s used DIY kitchen that can help me plan, measure up and build the kitchen or give me recommendations. There’s no timeframe, whenever you’re free within the next 3-6 months.

2. Sneeze

Sneeze Member

Can’t help with your request but I installed my own DIY kitchen a few years ago. Nice units and still pleased after 2 years. Service was good too.

I’m only an hour and a bit from their northern showroom so it was useful to pop over and see everything in the flesh.

Also the planner is online actually very easy when you get the hang of it and after you sub your design, someone from DIY checks it to make sure you haven’t missed anything.

good luck

3. Busterhymen

Busterhymen Active Member

B&Q, Wickes, Homebase etc, all do free designs with no obligation.
    You can use the design to buy from anywhere you wish...

koolpc likes this.
  4. Dean Worsell

Dean Worsell Active Member

Yes they do offer free design but most won't let you take the design with you unless you pay for it

5. Busterhymen

Busterhymen Active Member

OK - use B&Q then, because they always give me the copies of the designs BEFORE I buy them. It has a plan view of the wall & base units (with dimensions), plus views at different angles of all the walls. plus a parts list with price.
    Whilst nearly all suppliers have 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100cm, not all have 25 & 45cm units, so if your design has 'special' sizes, don't expect them to be available at all suppliers.
    Also. if your design won't quite fit by 10mm (or similar) and the run has a 'standard' corner post, there's nothing stopping you buying a cheap door/plinth etc and making a custom corner post to fit perfectly.