Diy table saw

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Cwmwlyrallt, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Cwmwlyrallt

Cwmwlyrallt New Member

Not sure if this is the right place for me to post as I am an elderly Diyer and not a pro.
    My reason for posting is that I am having some trouble with my Einhell table saw, bought some years ago but not much used. The drive belt spins off the pulleys, stretched possibly though not much used, and I cannot see anyway of tensioning the belt to compensate nor any easy way to fit a new belt on the two grooved pulleys. Result of buying home user style kit I may be told!
    Any advice on dealing with this problem would be appreciated.

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Ever considered a track saw instead. Just asking. Guess it depends what you are cutting but the cheap table saws are not great

3. Cwmwlyrallt

Cwmwlyrallt New Member

Yes, I do have one but I wanted to use the table saw for some grooving for shelving in a small unit I am making to take a number of boxes of screw, bolts nuts etc. Might have to use my router table instead.
    Just getting my large garage organized as a workshop (after years of muddle).

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

OK.

Just thinking of your fingers.

Don't know how to fix if you can't tension belt. No spares available that I'm aware of

5. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

6. Cwmwlyrallt

Cwmwlyrallt New Member

My thanks to Wayners and FlyByNight. Your comments are appreciated. Query sent to Einhell Customer Service. I'll pursue this and post to let you know how I get on.

Wayners likes this.
  7. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Check that your pulleys are in line. If they aren't it will throw the belt off.

8. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

IMHO cutting and grooving small pieces on a table saw (obviously without a top guard fitted) is not something I want to do. I would do anything rather than do that. My table saw is the machine I am most wary of and probably the least-used bit of kit I have.

For grooving shelf sides I would use my sliding mitre saw with the depth stop set, run a few grooves either side and down the middle and just clean out the waste. Mitre saw quite a bit safer than table saw IMO. Track saw and band saw also.