Do the pros among you have any suggestions for good filling loops?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by rogerk101, Mar 19, 2018.

1. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I'm about to change my filling loop yet again on my 2006 model Grant Vortex Combi 36e boiler.
    In the past, I've tried replacements from several brands, and they all fail after a couple of years.
    I've tried cheap ( around £10 from the likes of Screwfix) and expensive (£36 from Grant themselves), and they all suffer the same 2 problems.
    They either:
    - weep from the lever axles, which makes a crystalline mess all over the inside of the boiler at best, or puddles on the floor at worst
    or:
    - leak mains pressure into the radiator system, which is supposed to be at 1bar, but sometimes end up at 3bars (at least that shows that my pressure regulator in my water mains is working!)

Suggestions please!

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Remove the filling loop ,after filling up ,and fit caps to blank off. They are not supposed to be left In place ,but people do. You shouldn't need to top pressure up more than a couple of times a year. If you do ,you have an underlying problem.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

Thanks Terry. I'll give that a try, and report back.

terrymac likes this.