Do you charge the client a mileage rate for your van ?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Lokkars Daisy, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Hi guys, do you charge a mileage rate when using your van for work ?
    and if so , what do you charge per mile in 2012

2. J.P.

J.P. New Member

You have to incorporate that in the quote LD - its taking the mick if you charge separately for mileage..:)

Here is your Bill Mr Ainsworth. Excuse me LD what's the separate totaling for van mileage?..Its the mileage rate sir..I charge for travel as per mile and total it up on your bill. Mr Ainsworth starts smoking out the lugs and sais..get the heck orff my land you robbing xxxxxxxxxxx LD..

3. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Idunno jp,,, in my quarter i often as not don't do quotes, it;s a case of just please come and do it, don't even ask the hourly rate. Hoover my pal is charging 50p a mile when working on a come and do it base, and another 75p a mile. I usually just travel back and forth in the customers time, which works out much the same.
    So maybe, probably HMS inspect tax 45pee per mile is aboot right

4. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Of course you charge a mileage aspect to any job, who else pays to run the van Lokks?

You out of whats left of your expenses?

Mine is about 60p

5. wally

wally Screwfix Select

I charge about 24p per mile X 2 for there & back.    Some of my jobs are not priced so I give a detailed invoice & fuel is one of the items.      The cost is cost of fuel only.    I already make a yearly allowance for fuel on my hourly rate

6. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

I've always included the travelling costs in the price of the job, can't see any point in separating it, after all you can't do the job without travelling to it can you!