Does anyone know any good construction recruitment agencies in UK?

Discussion in 'Job Talk' started by Shane Hagan, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Shane Hagan

Shane Hagan New Member

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Depends where you are. In the SE the Evening standard used to have a lot and some towns have independent recruitment companies. Of course there are still companies like Manpower.co.uk kicking around but don't know who owns them now

3. Scott Haines

Scott Haines New Member

Adding to the above I would recommend https://www.operativehire.co.uk - they have the latest jobs from all over the internet, updated everyhour which is cool.

Hope helps.

4. More spam from the agency leeches.
    Employment Agency's are just Parasites taking money off the backs and out of the pockets of hard working tradesmen.
    They are no better than thieving pickpockets.

5. Scott Haines

Scott Haines New Member

Not an agency, it just aggregates all the construction jobs across the internet all in one place, which I personally think is handy and time saving.

6. Agency or whatever it is not getting done for charity.
    At the end of the day it is the Tradesman who is forking out all the wages and profits for the money grabbing desk jockeys.
    As I said earlier you lot are just a load of leeches living off the honest hard work of Tradesmen.

kitfit1 likes this.
  7. varlot

varlot New Member

I was recently checking for trustworthy ones and found out a little bit information on this http://svaya-group.com/ one. The reviewers say that stuff in general is really long standing. Another good point is high accident prevention level.

8. More spam from the bloodsucking leeches.
    Edit:link removed from the quote.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2019
    kitfit1 likes this.
  9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

It absolutely amazes me that anyone within the construction industry would think it a good idea to work through an agency. Most of the national construction company's employ as near to zero actual site workers as it is. It's bad enough with them leaching off of the temp workers they already do without agency's being involved as well.
    So tell me @Scott Haines, just how many apprentices is your agency paying for to be trained at the moment ? The answer is almost certainly NONE.....................makes you and your like even bigger parasites because not only do you leach of site workers but you won't pay 1/2p towards the training of even one apprentice to replace a current site worker.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  10. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

I was involved with the finances both from the client to the trade as I have changed roles so many times get this
    The Client put up 1000/day the sub put up 500/day and the agent 300/day so the agent had the least
    Think what you will fact
    Trade got 300/day

11. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

Linear mainly up north ok

12. Tasher87

Tasher87 New Member

Well, it's a contract employment and it's obvious that it's impossible to get along with every word of your bosses... Grow up. Many people just need to make something for a living. Many have families. If you're your own boss, that's great; if you need money to pay for the kids' education, there are not many options to pick up from.
    Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

13. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

try indeed

14. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

I never used an agency, instead I wrote to over a 100 companies and got a job that way. Just a suggestion.