Door restrictors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Murdo78, Jun 10, 2013.

  1. Murdo78

    Murdo78 New Member

    Looking to the experienced hands to point me in the right direction. Just had a new wooden cupboard door hung in my daughters bedroom but due to the position of the door and the pitch of the roof if she opens it more than around 100 degrees she'll put a lovely hole in the plasterboard.

    I know what I need but can't seem to find them as I'm not sure what they would be called. Tried googling door restrictions and get hits for friction hinges but these seem to be more for upvc doors and windows and although they're close they ain't no cigar.

    I know I don't want a chained device and what I'm looking for should only require fixing in place, there should be no need for recesses, etc. 

    Any help appreciated.

  2. Mr. Handyandy

    Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

    See this post for windows too.

    Mr. HandyAndy - Really
  3. Sean_ork

    Sean_ork Screwfix Select

    google ''door limiter'', plenty of options ......


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice