Door Seal

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by snappyfish, Aug 3, 2022.

1. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Hi, need to replace this door seal, it's a push-fit any ideas what they are called or where to start?

Thanks

IMG_20220727_162619.jpg

2. Rosso

Rosso Screwfix Select

The keywords are 'joinery doorseal'- The joinery bit is because it fits into a routed groove in the frame. Your sample seems to be a bit battered, so I'm just guessing here https://www.stormguard.co.uk/stormguard-products/10455-2/
    There are lots available, and if you don't need a 50meter roll of the stuff, ebay might be worth a look

snappyfish likes this.
  3. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Many thanks for your help, interestingly I sent storm guard the same pic and they told me they don't sell it. But I can see now you mention the storm guard seal that yes it could be that one.

Here is a pic where I cut it halfway down to hopefully show shape better.

IMG_20220803_152524.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  4. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Literally, nobody else here knows? Experienced and non-experienced have never come across this? So should I look for a replacement closest to mine? Ideas?

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Sample packs off ebay and match up best you can is how I have done it.
    Find best one and order

6. Rosso

Rosso Screwfix Select

The guy I usually get mine from via ebay is away for a few days and has taken down his ebay shop, so I couldn't look for a better match.

7. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Ok, so mine looks to be this

845039_main-01.jpg

And they suggest this as a replacement on their website

842034_main-01.jpg

Looks like a Kerf brand seal, Does anyone know of any places in the UK to buy from?