Doors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by mrppp, Mar 11, 2018.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

How many arbors have you got. Should be one on the 44mm and one on the 25mm plus a spade bit.

I bought a trade kit from Howdens when they were first in. That didnt have the latch marker or the latch tapper included.

2. mrppp

mrppp Member

Got Pro Kit has 44mm 25mm and 22mm holesaw with a 32mm spade. Had to take the green bit out of the jig so i could get the 25mm cut. Not sure why it has the 22mm holesaw (smaller latch maybe)

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I think the 22mm works with the jigtech jig if you want to fit with non jigtech latches. Having said that mortice latches that fit directly in to a 22mm hole are few and far between. Most need a bit of chisel work.

4. mrppp

mrppp Member

Just found their answer to the question.
    Q. What is the green collar for on the latch bore in the jig?

In case installers wish to use the jig with old style contract latches and a 22mm hole saw
    http://www.jigtech.co.uk/faqs/

Make more sense not to put the collar in the jig when new save confusing folk like me ;-)

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I was confused too as the trade kit includes the green collar but no 22mm holesaw.

6. mrppp

mrppp Member

Really good system though, shame the latch can't be recessed a little though.