double wall radiators,surround

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mrpipps, May 16, 2021.

  1. mrpipps

    mrpipps New Member

    i have an old wall k2 double radiator,what is the surround called that some have on them when purchased new ?
    its just fits neatly around the double radiator and it allows you to rest a cup of tea or ornament on it.
    it sounds daft but all all new double rads come with it already on,i want to put one on my old rad to smarten it up a bit.
    where would i buy one seperate from radiator?
  2. dcox

    dcox Screwfix Select

    Do you mean the metal top grille and end covers? I doubt you can retro fit as they will be made to fit the rad they’re on.
  3. mrpipps

    mrpipps New Member

    yeh,your probably right,so i'd have to purchase a brand new radiator the same size just to get one with this surround and grille on? crazy,i'll have to make do with what ive got.
    cheers anyway.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice