Downlight replacement issues

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Netta, May 11, 2017.

1. Netta

Netta New Member

Hi everyone- hope someone can help.
    I am trying to replace some faulty downlights that have warped surrounds and fall out. They are held in place by 3 clips but nobody seems to sell this type of fitting. I bought replacement downlights but they are installed by 2 Spring clips and is too wide to fit into ceiling as the downlights I have came down but there is still a fixture attached to the ceiling which I can't seem to get out.
    Please see attached photo of the ceiling fitting which I can't remove.
    Can anyone suggest the best way of replacing? Is there a trick to getting the ceiling fitting out? Or can I buy a surround that will clip into what I already have in place? Have also upgraded all globes to LED from Halogen as I think the heat probably caused the warping as well.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Netta

Netta New Member

Here is the fixture that comes out of hole... these are what I need to replace ... note the 3 clips that are supposed to hold it in place in ceiling.

Attached Files:

3. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

You would need to replace the whole lot - The bit in the ceiling will pull down, and has two spring clips on it as per the fitting you have bought.