downpipe is that correct

Discussion in 'Screwfix Live' started by farhana khanam, May 12, 2020.

1. farhana khanam

farhana khanam New Member

hi
    I would like some advice please.
    I have had my guttering and facias all replaced recently.
    I have a end terrace of 3 houses in a row. so I have a downpipe at the end of my property where all the water from roof guttering from 3 houses comes along into my downpipe.
    now.....the guy who did my job he put the new down pipe from the roof open onto my new slanted solid roof conservatory and said the water will flow better it will flow accross the conservatory roof and join onto the conservatory gutterin and come down....rather than having the down pipe at the end of the property all the way to floor where the water gushes over onto the side of the property or used to get blocked.

is that ok??? I have not seen that before, even though the roofer said he has done many like this and no ones had problems.

I have added a pic

Attached Files:

2. Abrickie

Abrickie Super Member

Well it ain’t what I would have done, 3 roofs worth of water dumped on the conservatory roof for the sake of a couple gutter fittings and a length of downright is a bit rough, especially if you hadn’t agreed to before hand

3. farhana khanam

what would you reccomend I do

4. farhana khanam

what would you reccomend I do? I did say to the roofer look I have never seen that.
    he kept saying look it's fine he has 20 years experience and he has never had issues.
    what could I do now?

5. Nev Hope

Nev Hope Member

Couldn’t even be bothered to put a shoe on the down pipe, did the same guy do the conservatory roof :(

farhana khanam and Alwaysworking like this.
  6. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

I would get that rerouted all that water could find its way in to your roof if a slate got loose and thats a lot of water, i have forty years electrical experience but i look at every job i do to make sure its ideal for that particular property.

7. farhana khanam

thanks...I'm going to try get the roofer back to add a bend in the top and bring it with a pipe right down to drain at the side.

8. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

You could always get someone to put a bend just above the new roof and take it from there to the drain.

9. farhana khanam

thanks I'm going to try get someone to do that

10. farhana khanam

:rolleyes:no...conservatory was done seperate.
    the downpipe was done by a actual registered :mad:roofer