draft excluders/sound insulating???

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by nickthebubble, Nov 5, 2008.

1. nickthebubble

nickthebubble New Member

hello to all the usual suspects (you know who you are ;))

I am looking at interior doors in a flat and there are gaps at the top and sometimes bottoms of the doors to the frame.

The draft excluder I put on the inside of the front door has worked a treat and was cheap ;) but I'm left 'scratching me head' as to stopping noise that must travel over/under the other bedroom doors or do i simply put draft excluders on the top and bottom of each door???? would look a bit silly i think...

Any help appreciated as always

2. 'scratching me head' as to stopping noise that must
    travel over/under the other bedroom doors

Glad I'm not through the wall to you!

Very difficult to seal the bottoms of internal doors, you could install some of this around the frames, you might have to adjust the 'keeper' on the frame.

You could fit a strip of mahogany across the threshold of the doors, that would sort it, these are sometimes used instead of door bars, and can look good when stained.

3. nickthebubble

nickthebubble New Member

haha cheers MC.... there is also a streetlight outside the spare room which comes through under the doors even when shut (should've mentioned that) dunno what you thought i was upto next door ;)