Dripping shower head

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by SGM18, Oct 5, 2022.

1. SGM18

SGM18 Member

Hi I have a Mira dual flow shower think its a Mira relate erd model

It drips with switched off, so guess a new cartridge needed.

it has push on caps, and looks like a plastic cartridge

I’ve attached a photo, any one know a part No or a decent site to order from.

cheers

Attached Files:

2. SGM18

SGM18 Member

3. Timmyboys

Timmyboys New Member

When I had to replace the cartridge in my shower bar, a quick Google came up with lots of options. Not all of them were correct and the cost was such that I simply replaced the whole shower bar unit for the same price.

National Shower Spares NSS, came up when typed in your model. Cartridge is £67.

4. National shower spares or showerdoc are the best sites to use. Di Vapor is also ok. Email any of them with details and photos and they are really helpful

5. SGM18

SGM18 Member

Thanks for your replies. I rang Mira today, gave them the model and they’re sending a mixer bar out free of charge, didn’t ask for proof of purchase. Couldn’t believe it, so that was lucky

Deleted member 246321 likes this.
  6. amelia owen

amelia owen New Member

Remove your showerhead from the hose, taking care not to lose the O-ring or rubber washer, then soak your showerhead in vinegar for at least 30 minutes. Rinse it with water and use an old toothbrush to remove any stubborn dirt, grime and limescale, paying close attention to the individual nozzles.

7. Timmyboys

Timmyboys New Member

Mira sending out a new bar, what a result!