Driveway drainage help

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by PXR5, Jul 10, 2021.

1. PXR5

PXR5 Member

We have a concrete driveway at the side of our bungalow which slopes away from the house with a gap of around 100mm between the edge of the concrete and the concrete fence posts. When it rains hard the water flowing from the driveway has nowhere to drain and sits on the concrete. Running a length of channel drainage at the edge of the driveway would look neat but seeing as it is horizontal there would be no drop for the water to flow and also they all seem to be wider than 100mm. Perforated land drain pipe could be another option but again the trench would be narrow and shallow so not much gravel can be put around the pipe. My other thought is to drill lots of holes in 68mm downpipe and lay this in the trench and cover with 20mm gravel but I don't know if downpipe will last long below ground.
    There is already an underground drain pipe at one end of the driveway 100mm below the surface which I can join to and which runs into a soakaway in the front garden. The length of the drainage pipe required is approximately 10m.

Can anyone suggest some ideas for me.