Driveway entrance gates

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Joel M, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Joel M

Joel M New Member

No but I'm happy to use whatever is recommended and the joiner can create the gate to fit those hinges. My one request is that the are only visible from the back of the gate, not both sides.

Thank you

2. Joel M

Joel M New Member

I'm getting there. I've worked out the height of the hinges and getting a fabricator to weld them onto the rsj. Still need to know the arm length. Will work that out by finding the width of the brick Pilar (2.5 brick) and the clearance the gate needs from the pilar to swing.

How far into the ground should the rsj be concreted? It was said 4' above. Is that 4 foot?

Thank you.

3. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

Yes it was 4 foot, though to be fair a metre is normally enough in good ground.

4. Joel M

Joel M New Member

I think I've finally worked it out..

RSJ into concrete pad...

Weld these on at correct heights so I can screw into the RSJ

[​IMG][​IMG]

Then use these to screw in..

[​IMG]

Brick up to one brick above the bolt and reposition so it's protruding the correct measurement, the brick up.

5. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

I would use a in the ground motor and set the gates up like this using a similar set up as you've said above.

1 E3  Automatic Electric gates complete entrance solution Weybridge.JPG.jpg

6. Joel M

Joel M New Member

That would be easier but unfrunfortuna I can't get the motor instalein until a later date and so I need to have a regular arm system. Also may get water run off so don't want under ground system