Duel Fuel Cooker

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by WackySpike, Feb 9, 2009.

1. WackySpike

WackySpike Member

Hi guys my old gas cooker has finally conked out on me. I've bought a duel fuel cooker, as I was told that electric ovens cook more evenly and seeing as my missuses is a sh!t cook, it may make things easier for her. As of yet it hasn't arrived but this is the one I've bought;

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/342076/NEW-WORLD-DF60D

As there's no existing wiring in place, what type of cooker switch, cable and mcb will I require. The cooker's about 9 meters away from the consumer unit. I'm and avid diyer but as far as wiring is concerned I've only ever ran a spur from a socket. I don't intend doing it myself but do intend making it easier for the electrician ie. drilling the wholes etc. I live somewhere near Manchester, how much should I expect an electrician to charge for such a job?

Thanks

2. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Oh dear, New World! :O

C T! :^O

3. WackySpike

WackySpike Member

What's wrong with New World ?

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Nothing M8, otherwise they would not be allowed to be sold.

5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Concur with the fan assisted electric oven being generally better then a gas oven. We use to have a gas oven for years, and then I changed it to an electric fan assisted oven. The food cooks faster and its looking like it is cheaper to run then gas..will know when I get electricity and gas bills - as then can make definitive judgment on opposing running costs (on approx basis)

Your wife will have to adjust her cooking technique as it needs less time to cook say a chicken.

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

7. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

PS..don't forget to use a jack chain..which should already be in situ.

8. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Thank you JP for sharing that phograph with us.
    That is indeed a most excellent turkey, I can well understand your motive for photographing it .

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Thankyou LD..have a good evening sir.

10. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Hey Wack

ALWAYS difficult to quote without seeing the job , Depends on :-

Run of Cable.......
    Space in Consumer Unit ........
    Bonding upto speed ..................
    ........ This is a piece of string ....... how long is it ................. ??

As an aside , I just did an arkward Cooker supply in Cheadle, Out of the Garage, Through a wall around a Store in Trunking , through a Wall around the D/Strs Toilet in Trunking to Cooker Area , Seperate RCD Consumer unit ......... all in £330

Lucky