Duravit Bath Pop up Waste

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by pjeffe9172, Nov 21, 2017.

1. pjeffe9172

pjeffe9172 New Member

Good afternoon,

I have a Duravit bath with the combined overflow/pop up waste. The pop up part has broken and will no longer pop up the plug. I have checked the following:

1) The screw on the knob is tight and I can hear the mechanism turning.
    2) The adjustment bolt on the bottom of the plug is intact and have even adjusted it fully out but it just drops in and seals

The problem is the bathroom was only fitted a few years ago before I moved in and the bath panel is all tiled with no access to the trap. Has anybody got any ideas please?

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

You're biggered. Think that bath panel needs to come off, it should have been fitted so it can come off in situations just like this.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Is it possible you can take the plug out and use a normal rubber type bath plug instead? Otherwise you'll need to get access under there to work out what's going on but even there it might be case of replacing it, right ball ache. Is the plug at one end or in the centre?

4. pjeffe9172

pjeffe9172 New Member

Thanks Dr Bodgit. I thought that was the case. Whenever I've fitted a bathroom I've always left an access panel. I ordered a chrome plug with chain and have hooked this up to the overflow and screwed the knob over it so at least a) it works and b) it doesn't look out of place.
    !
    Its an expensive bathroom suite and knowing the previous owners the tiles (600 x 300mm) are expensive too. Oh well back to pulling the plug out after a soak!

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I'm doing my bathroom shortly and its for this very reason I'll go for a click-clack waste. Its a bit less convenient having to bend down and push the plug to open/close it, but in the event it breaks its just a plastic gizmo that's screwed into the waste hole that needs replacing.