Dust extracter / hoover

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by coggy, Dec 23, 2003.

1. coggy

coggy New Member

Hi and Happy Christmas to you all.

Ive been scanning round looking for a good portable extracter and hoover to use in customers homes with my poer tools.
    This is the one im interested in:
    Go to Rutlands on:
    http://rutlands.co.uk/
    And then type DUSTEX2/110V

What are your opinions of this product or any other products welcome

Thanks guys

2. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

These are excellent !

http://www.earlex.co.uk/wdhtml/wd1200p.html

Available from Machine mart.

The cheaper model is also good but with no powertool pickup socket.

Wickes do a version as well the seems to be a badged Earlex.

3. coggy

coggy New Member

Thank you very much

There is a machine mart local

I will check it out

Thanks again and Merry Christmas

4. diyhopeful

diyhopeful Active Member

Glad I could help.

5. WOLF

WOLF New Member

diyhopeful is right in this case, the earlex units, may not be brand name like dewalt etc, but it is what we use, cheap cheerful and they work extremely well , no silly gizmo's or add-on gadgets, just aplain old simple vacuum, no more no less, you won't go far wrong with one of these my friend.....and spares are readily available should you accidently drop it down stairs while trying to be clever and carry tools and a cleaner up the stairs....good old apprentices.....can always rely on them to be stupid at times... merry crimbo fella's

6. coggy

coggy New Member

Merry Christmas

7. gav

gav New Member

you need a old dyson,,,,,or new one if your flush,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you know that the dyson was invented after its designer studied the dust extraction units at giant sawmills,,,,,,,,they use a large cyclone to filter out the dust,,,,,,,,,a reconditioned dco1 will cost about £100 quid,,,,fit a new filter every week,,cost 50p,,,,,and u will have the best dust ectractor possible
    dont use the wifes from home though,,,lol
    i use mine with planer ,belt sander etc n it never clogs up or loses power as all the above mentioned do,,,and ya dont need bags or cloth filters,,i wouldnt use anything else

8. WOLF

WOLF New Member

sorry to rain on your parade gav, but the earlex use vortex method, long before dim dyson put it to use in a mega expensive box of plastic, and the only time the earlex ever stops sucking (with an "S") is when the thing is full up and no more will fit in to the tub, apart from the fact that the tub on an earlex holds about 5 times the volume of a dim unit , it is also cheaper to buy brand new and also DOES NOT NEED a BAG!!!! another good thing about an earlex over a dimdyson, is the dim unit, if it falls over or is dropped breaks, the earlex bounces...just ask my apprentice,....
    all the above is based on sound trials, (last 6-8 years of use on site/in clients homes)with no probs, and the wife has a dim dyson, any one whant to buy it as she reckons they are a pile of C**p to.....