Dust Extraction

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by fred812, Nov 7, 2021.

1. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

I'm fighting back the tears of admiration, Wayners. Honestly - give that a lick of grey and lime green paint and you'd never know the difference :) Seriously though - very creative and a great low-cost solution. It obviously really works, too. All the best.

Wayners likes this.
  2. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

Wh
    What/how does the cyclone work?

3. woodbutcherbower

Cheers, Fred - glad it's hitting the spot. I'm sure I can speak for my fellow posters in saying that we're all sorry for hijacking your thread.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  4. woodbutcherbower

A cyclone separator sits between the actual extractor and the end of the hose which plugs into the tool. It works by spinning the dust-laden air at high speed as it enters the gadget, and forces the heavier particles to drop out of the airflow into a bin sitting below the cyclone itself. Saves a fortune in bags - my little Festool one captures 90-95% before it ever gets near the actual extractor. If the particles are large (routing or planing chips, for example) - it gets the lot. All of it.

Adamfya likes this.
  5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Round top cyclone is said to be better vs the flat top type which is what I have.
    Said that stuff can get stuck at top but I've not found that.
    There is a new cyclone now with a breaker bar at the top inside that's said to have 20% more suction as I was watching review of that last week

This is the best tutorial Ive seen. I live near big dug mentioned and drive past that place most days. Good company

Still like my bread box idea over the barrel. Mystery why there are no boxes made or bought for job.
    Seen one where they used a old festool systainer with cyclone but you need to fit a valve as mentioned in video or it would collapse. I'm thinking of doing that myself and a project

Adamfya likes this.
  6. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

Bring back scrap heap challenge!

7. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

wtf you on about?

8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Don't worry about it....................it's the forum troll..................he won't be around for long.

9. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

god. some people must be real lonely

10. russell_e

russell_e New Member

Looking for any participants who would be happy to offer any insight on how they manage dust extraction. We are a design consultancy working on a new project within this category. We've put together a very quick questionnaire (6 minutes exactly) to try and gather as much quantitative data as we can.

https://v2studios.typeform.com/to/gQ6D71jp

Equally, there is a paid opportunity to be part of a workshop with us where we can understand more about your individual uses & experiences with dust extraction products (I know some people on here have already participated, which we are very grateful for!). If this is of interest, please feel free to message through this forum, send me an email at emily@v2studios.com, or give us a call at the studio 02076550833.

Thank you very much in advance!