Elec Rads

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Fkit, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Fkit

Fkit New Member

Anyone recommend an electric radiator/panel heater please, customer wants to get rid of econ7 storage heaters and replace with 24 hour supply rads. not fitted or used any so any recommendations will be appreciated.

2. robster911

robster911 New Member

hi, panel htrs are all a bit poo, and uneconomical:( theyre ok 4 quick heat but at a min off 2kw each they r not the cheapest to run..your client wld be better off spending the cash on some gas ch..?? or the new style storage heaters do come with an option to have a permanent supply so as to have a 24 hr instant user controlled heat source..but work as a storage htr when this function is not in use.. poss worth looking in to?..cheers rob..:)

3. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

4. minowman

minowman New Member

Have recently fitted Dimplex Duo heaters. They got a 24hr and Economy 7 supply to them. They look better than a storage heater although they still got bricks in them.
    Just wire up a switced fused spur adjacent for the 24hr supply and leave the economy 7 supply there and there you go.

5. sysparks

sysparks New Member

I like the oil filled radiators. Reasonably priced too.

6. fabregas

fabregas New Member

I like the oil filled radiators. Reasonably priced too.

Until you plug them in then there is nothing reasonable about the price.

7. lowwatts

lowwatts New Member

intelli heat rads are quite good, have some degree of control, you can set up the house into rooms or zones depending on what the customer wants if you use 1 of the remote rf controllers. they are fairly economical, with models ranging from around 800w to i think 2500w. they start off on full power, but then cycle charge or trickle charge anywhere between maybe 50w to full power. they recommend that the radiators are fitted onto an economy 10 tariff, so you would have to consult your customer as to how far they want to pursue it.
    Dimplex do a similar heater, there was another company doing these called kalirel, exactly the same heaters as intelliheat. but i understand that the company has gone bust.

8. sysparks

sysparks New Member

The oil rads are usually about 1-2kw and heat up a 4m square room easily, and it doesnt use 2kw constanlty, it knocks on and off every 5 or 10 mins once warmed up.

Electric heating is gonna be costly whichever way you do it.

9. Fkit

Fkit New Member

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.