Electric Heating

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by headsup2, Feb 5, 2004.

1. headsup2

headsup2 New Member

Whats the most cost efficient electric heating available? For a 1 bed flat. Not energy 7 or night rate.
    Thx

2. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Next dooor's!:)

Seriously though, I can't help you here, maybe someone who is used to tariff structures etc might know more?

Sorry I can't be of assistance :(

3. fusefinder

fusefinder New Member

I know that halogen heaters are efficient at heating humans as they use infra-red radiated heat as opposed to convected heat. thus heating the body directly and not the air in-between - whereas with normal heaters you have to heat all the air in between you and the heat source before you start to feel warm.

4. Caveman

Caveman New Member

If you are stuck with standard rate tariffs, it's hard to beat a fan heater - pretty much instant warmth, directable heat, instant off - as opposed to say, an oil heater which takes forever to warm up then wastes that heat if you leave the room and turn it off. I use a type with 'environment control' where you set the temperature and once this is reached the fan slows down and heat output is reduced - much better than a standard thermostat type that switches on and off and quieter!