Electric shower noise but no water

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jerome Jerome, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Jerome Jerome

Jerome Jerome New Member

I have a Triton t90xr electric shower. I noticed the water was getting colder over the last couple weeks despite not changing the dials. Now the water has completely stopped coming out the shower, but the shower still makes noise as if it was running when turned on. I removed the shower head and hose and still no water. I tested the resistance on the solenoid and it seems fine. I do live in a very hard water area. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Monika Talwar likes this.
  2. Kiaora oap

Kiaora oap Active Member

3. Jerome Jerome

Jerome Jerome New Member

Thanks very much. To be honest I am very much a novice, I just tested the solenoid following a YouTube video because I read that that was the most common problem.

4. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

I suggest you undo item 16 on page 5 of the manual and see if water comes out from the inlet pipe

5. Jerome Jerome

Jerome Jerome New Member

Thanks for the advice. Using your suggestion and the manual, I turned off the water mains, undid item 16 (inlet filter), a bit of water and debris came out but not much. I replaced item 16, turned the mains back on, primed the shower, put the casing back on and ran the cold water for a few minutes. The water pressure is back to normal (quite low compared to most areas), but as with before the water completely stopped, the max temperature isn't as high as it used to be. I understand the colder the weather the colder the mains water, but it still seems a bit cold. Maybe a heating element has gone or there is another problem?