Electric Shower only lukewarm

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Sam, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Sam

Sam Guest

Our Gainsborough SV700 electric shower has stopped working properly and will not now heat the water more than lukewarm. Does anyone please know what the problem might be so that I know what to look for when taking the cover off the unit.

Thankyou for any helpful advice.

2. dewaltdisney

dewaltdisney New Member

Sam,

It could be that it is partially blocked by debris that has worked itself around your system since you have been doing your shower and water tank. This happened to a pal of mine who had problems with his shower because the water board had dug up in the street and he had a load of sandy sludge in his shower.

I do not know how you strip these down to flush it out but presumably this might be the way to go, Have a word with Gainsborough’s technical help line for guidance on 01909 471520.

DWD

3. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Hi Sam.

Does this model have two switchable power settings? If so, it'll probably have two heating elements in the heating can inside, and possibly one of these has gone.

4. Sam

Sam Guest

Thankyou for the responses and the Gainsborough helpline number DWD. I'm inclined to think that it is probably the heating element rather than debris in the system.
    I'll take a look a let you know !

5. sparks

sparks New Member

Thankyou for the responses and the Gainsborough
    helpline number DWD. I'm inclined to think that it is
    probably the heating element rather than debris in
    the system.
    I'll take a look a let you know !

Usually when this happens its the switch that operates the heating element that has failed rather than the element itself, good luck with it.