electric shower too hot

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Robbo74, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Robbo74

Robbo74 New Member

hi there, sorry if this has been asked before, cant find exact answer i'm looking for.

i have a triton 10.5 kw electric shower. During the winter, on full power, water too hot after 4 - 5 on temp/flow dial. During summer months its too hot at full flow/lowest temp. I have no choice but to use economy setting.

cold water flow to shower btw 10 - 12 litres / 60 secs...from what i've read, the flow pressure is about right.

will going down to 8.5 or 9.5 make any difference in terms of allowing more control of temperature? Or am i way off the mark and its just a faulty shower?

thanks in advance

robbo

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Take the shower head off, turn on to fast flow, and repeatedly turn on and off, see how much limescale/junk comes out.

Keep going until no more comes out.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. Robbo74

Robbo74 New Member

cheers mate, will give that a go

4. As Mr Ha has implied, it's not due to your shower being too powerful at 10.5kW - it's that the water flow through it is being restrcited somewhere.

Does the 'flow rate' warning light threaten to come on at any time, say when temp is turned up to max (which means flow is reduced to min)? If so, then the restrcition is likely to be in the early part of the shower, say the inlet filter. Worth removing and checking.

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

it could be simply knackered and needing to be replaced......

6. Robbo74

Robbo74 New Member

thanks everyone. will try clearing it out. i know there's a gauze on the inlet.will try cleaning that.

7. "It could be simply knackered and needing to be replaced......"

A bit like the Cap'n, then...

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I just need putting down

9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Good advice from AA and DA (if the waters getting too hot it's almost certain some type of restriction in the hose or shower head).

One of the things to avoid are large movements of the control knob - move it only slightly, and do bare im mind that it will take at least 30 seconds from making an ajustment at the control knob before it appears at the shower head.

Do also make sure you have the correct shower head for your shower many of these type of problems are caused by customer ignorance in fitting the wrong type of shower head on the wrong shower.

Tappy,

10. richie70

richie70 New Member

Hi, i have the same problem. What do you mean by the correct shower head? They all look the same to me. How does the cold water fail to come out of one shower head but does come out of another? Can you recommend one? Thanks

11. James Sillence

James Sillence New Member

Hi guys

I have the same problem I had the enrich 9.5 kW which did this before breaking completely. I took this back to screwfix and they kindly replaced it due to still being under warranty . I fitted the new one and for several days has been fine . Although unfortunately it has now began to scald me yet again . I have taken off the shower head and tried flowing just through the hose but the temperature is still the same and too hot to use. Amy suggestions please as this is flipping annoying as you can imagine . Thanks in advance .

James

12. Is it mains fed or fed from a tank supply?