Electric shower won’t turn on

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by DigestScorpion, Nov 25, 2021.

1. DigestScorpion

DigestScorpion New Member

Hi All,

I’m after a bit of advice, I have an Aqualisa electric shower that is very intermittent to get working. When I press the power button it lights up, makes an audible thud and then powers off. If I’m really persistant after pressing the power button about a hundred times it’ll turn on and seemingly work fine (although a little noisy/hissy) once turned off, I have the same issue getting it on again. Below is a short video which may explain better.

Any idea what the problem could be?

2. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Do you live in a hard water area?

Try removing the shower hose at the unit and see if it powers up straight away.

Watch out for water flowing out below the unit when you do that test!

3. DigestScorpion

Hi Teki,

Yes I live in a hard water area. Same problem if I remove the hose from the unit too.

4. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

It seems to be a common problem. Have you cleaned out the internal filter?

What is the water flow like to other taps?

5. DigestScorpion

Flow is fine throughout the whole house and and other taps. Just seems to be the shower with the problem. I haven’t taken the front off or anything like that to check the internal filter, I’ll check it tonight. Thanks!

6. SquigglyData

SquigglyData New Member

Hello, did you solve this problem please? I'm having exactly the same problem with an identical shower. Thanks!