Electrical testing- Price work

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Jorge Arrobo, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Jorge Arrobo

Jorge Arrobo New Member

Hello. My name is George
    I have been doing some dead testing price work for £50 board 7 circuits.
    Testing end of line lighting. (2 lightnings) 1 supply fire alarm
    3 rings
    Hob
    6 boards about 8 hours.

Live testing £40
    Every time to test go to busbar 1 level above, place the fuse they only have one.
    Connecting meter tails.
    Functional test.
    Zs only a general ring, because parallel paths. Give me very low r2 readings.
    6 boards, 6 hours

Do you consider these prices cheap?

Now they want to give me days work. 7:30 to 4pm. £200 pounds to test the landlors installation.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. kiaora

kiaora Active Member

Hi
    It’s a commercial desision you need to make, I was asked to do gas safe in block of flats, on day work, rather than individual priced,

Answer, no way, each job is separate, if there are any problems that are down to you, will you get paid to rectify them? Will you get paid on day work to sort problems out?

Like asking mot inspector to do it on day work

3. MGW

MGW Well-Known Member

Some firms do fixed price, they do that much work, one odd job which exceeds the time can be absorbed, but as sole traders we can't really absorb those jobs which go over time, testing is a real problem as of course one could do drive by testing. But in my house with a wife into craft getting access is a problem. With a street of council houses all vacant when you move in to work you may be able to work on a fixed price, but all you need is for a few items of furniture to block sockets and your stumped.