Electricians mate info

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by fezz1976, Oct 13, 2006.

1. fezz1976

fezz1976 New Member

Hi,

I took my city and guilds 236 Part A and AM1 back in 1992 and passed, due to circumstances at the time I lost my apprenticeship after a year and ended up in office work……(what a mistake to make)…………and have been for the last 12 years!!.

I am now looking to finish my electrician’s exams , starting out as a mate. I am fully proficient with manual work and done a hell of a lot of electrical work (mainly house bashing) and have worked with a now retired Sparks at weekends for quite a few years.

What i would like to know is how much do you think someone with my experience (or lack of) would earn and what is the best way to get in somewhere / any suggestions of places I can try?

I am not someone who has just decided I hate office work and want to be a sparks, I am someone who fell into office work and wants to get back to what I originally set out to do but due to circumstances It did not work out.

South London / Surrey borders full driving license and prepared to travel. Even prepared to work a few Saturdays for free to prove myself.

Any ideas on the best way to get back into the trade?