ELU ETP1901 Planer Thicknesser

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by bonzodog, Jun 3, 2011.

1. bonzodog

bonzodog New Member

Hi to all, I have just aquired a ELU ETP1901 planer thicknesser has anybody got the user manual they could share with me, lots of levers and knobs some don't seem to work correctly so before I wade in a look at the manual would be great. Looks a competent too that has been unused for a few years.

2. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello !
    tinternet! type in the model no and viola! otherwise have a word with your local tool shop who has dewalt, ask them to speak to a rep, as they re-branded loads of elu stuff about 15 years ago! hope that helps some!
    cheerz

3. bonzodog

bonzodog New Member

Hi. Yes you would have thought that a google search would have yielded a manual but no luck. I think the model was discontinued in 1989 and I don't think it was rebranded as a DeWalt. Most parts seem to be available but not the one that I needed but I have effected a good repair so it should be ok. I wanted the manual to see how or if Elu suggested connection of a chip extractor as running a planer and allowing the chips to build up in the body of the machine is not sensible, but there seems no obvious extraction point, tables to not lift or hinge  . Cheers Ashely

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Dunno if you've seen exploded views for spare parts(might help determine uses), but here is a place with some links.

Each link seems to be a different set of spares for the same machine.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    <address>try * and with a phone number!  * good luck!
    </address>
    Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator