End of the Euro?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That's alright, the poor will pick up the 1.5 Billion lost, covering the riches **** as usual.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  2. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I agree with you as far as the Euro is concerned and also that begs the question can you have political union without monetary union?

3. PaulBlackpool

I probably should start a new thread on social mobility so I will:)

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

The first question you need to ask your self is why would you want to have political union with a corrupt cartel?
    And if you search deep enough its probably because you believe the mantra from the europhiles that we'll be at war with Europe without a union where by were the underdogs.

That's well scary that is. If you happen to believe it.
    Just look at the so called "union" between Greece and the eu cartel now. Neither sides trusts the other in the slightest.

We had agreement with europe for centuries and got along just fine and dandy. Just like the host of other countries in Europe that never joined the cartel.

5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

The greek idea of democracy...

Have a referendum, give the people a say. Spend £20million doing it that they cannot afford.
    Then go to the negotiating table and propose what the people rejected at the referendum.
    [​IMG]

The greeks have been entangled with the eu for far,far too long.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  6. PaulBlackpool

I know there must be some corruption because the EU's accounts have never been signed off and I cannot see that now they can ever be.
    Your penultimate sentence overlooks a couple of world wars and we were never at peace with France for any length of time but I get your gist and don't fully disagree.
    Agree. It is funny that as soon as America says come to a compromise they do. But America is right. If the periphery of the EU collapses there is a danger that Putin will in some way support them. It is obvious to me that he would like nothing more than restore Russia to its former glory as the USSR. This is the threat not the UK at war with the EU.
    If Greece succumbs to the Eurozone's demands for further austerity then I think the EU and the Euro will still be in existence for decades to come as the juggernaut is just too big to stop.

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Mebbe Putin will stop it with a bit of luck.

8. PaulBlackpool

It is funny when the ultra right gets in bed with the ultra left.:)

9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

We fought alongside the Russians before to defeat a corrupt cartel in Europe. I'd never rule it out again.

10. PaulBlackpool

Yeah, Saint Vladimir!o_O

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Looking at the way the "negotiations" between Greece and the EU are going, I'm beginning to wonder who's holding who to ransom. The Eu seem to have no idea as to what to do. The Greeks don't have any idea either. Merkel's insisting on measures the Greek electorate won't like. The French are having a heart attack (well at least palpitations) at the thought of a "Grexit".... All the Spanish are bothered about is whether their fishing fleet will be allowed in Greek waters and all the Poles do is want to come to the UK..... Interesting times. ;);););)

12. Pretty much sums it up, JJ!

The Greeks are indeed trying their best to hold the Europe to ransom, but not based on anything concrete they have to offer - simply on the basis that if they fail then it'll hurt Europe too.

Great ethics...

13. joinerjohn1

Agreed DA, but as I originally pointed out, Who's holding who to ransom? Seems the Eu is as much holding Greece to ransom as t'other way around. Calling each others bluff. ;);)

14. Hmm, the EU just want to ensure they will use the money wisely (which they haven't done in the past) and some guarantee they'll get it back - that's reasonable enough?

Greece is saying "Boo-hoo, it hurts too much" with very little acknowledgement of the self-inflicted cause of their mess in the first place.

Instead they are getting bolshie and relying on the knowledge that it'll hurt the EU too should they default. In essence it's blackmail.

Petulant little tykes - or words to that effect...:)

15. joinerjohn1

Dunno DA, the Eu hasn't had it's accounts signed off for bloody years, so they can't really complain about Greece managing it's debts (or not) The Eu should get it's own house in order before trying to dictate financial policy to anyone else. ;);)

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  16. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

It really is all too deep for me to understand, but when I was working, I can't recall exporting or receiving anything to or from Greece,so does it matter if they leave the EU? Being a bit facetious, why is it that Greece is not available on our European satnavs? Maybe Tomtom were ahead of their time. :rolleyes:

17. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

The EU backs down and gives the greeks a third bailout. And so the beleaguered gravy train rolls on for another while.
    Its like piling dynamite unto a dynamite pyre. The more you stack the bigger the bang in the end. Can't wait to see junker being made to look like an idiot. Again.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  18. PaulBlackpool

Will it get through the Greek Parliament though?. We will just have to wait and see.

19. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

The euro is a flawed concept, the old system of floating currencies allowed poor countries to catch up by automatic currency devaluation, making their exports and tourism very attractive to people from richer countries. The people who planned the single currency don't understand basic economics.
    I don't understand why David Cameron is so keen to keep us in, watch out for a big "fudge" at referendum time.

20. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

"I acted like a dictator to bring in the euro"

Helmut Kohl.

Says it all really.