England's No1

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by صعقلصسزقك, Oct 11, 2009.

1. We've obviously got a problem. Green ain't cutting the mustard like we'd all hoped. Foster's too inexperienced and a liability to boot. Jamesie's knocking on but can still do a turn, but can we really rely on someone so old and prone to the occasional calamity and probable fitness issues towards the world cup? Robbo is in good form, ideal mix of youth / experience but still being made to pay a few daft gaffs. I say give Robbo another crack at it.

What says youse?

2. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Brian Jensen for Burnley has been very impressive, only one problem, he is Danish.

3. dryliner essex

dryliner essex New Member

chris kirkland is a very good keeper.

4. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

PEPE REINA is always outstanding, but he is spanish.

5. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Chris was a very promising youngster, but like so many never got the amount of 1st team games it takes at the top level.

6. I remember Kirkland being at Liverpool and there being a report on Granada about his dad winning a bet at the bookies about him playing for England.

Think it must've been the kiss of death for his career tho', don't think he's played for England since!

Robbo for me.

7. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

That was right, he put a bet that he would play for England by the time he was 21. Liverpool didnt give him enough time.

8. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid New Member

It's a shame our Shay is from the emerald isle. He would be a fantastic asset to Capello's boys.

IWS: Incredible With Saves :)

9. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Good teams don't need goalies.

They just need lots of Roonies........

x

10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Green is a good penalty saver and going on experience from previous world cups this is exactly what we need!

I've got this vision of England in a penalty shoot out with James between the sticks and the ball in the back of the net before he even starts to dive.
    Just like Peter Shilton when he played in the World Cup when he was in his 40s.