Erbauer EMIS254s

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Rad87, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Rad87

Rad87 Member

Hi,

Anyone here had chance to use emis254s?
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-...ng-mitre-saw-220-240v/244fv?_requestid=465704

I was looking for a mitre saw (woodworking) recently and I am really lost. So many options out there. I am doing diy so it will probably have an easy life.

I am really confused with this "new" Erbauer. Their tools are actually quite expensive as for Chinese stuff. For a little more I could have double bevel evolution. I know evolution is making good mitre saws but I would like to try something else. No need for me to cut the steel and I've got their table saw already.
    I think a "normal" mitre saw will give cleaner cut due to higher rpm.

Biggest worry with Erbauer is it's size and lack of soft start. I cannot find reviews online so it looks like I need to give it a go... Obviously now there is 20% discount so it's tempting.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. Tara DIY

Tara DIY Member

I bought one last year and haven't had any issues, cuts nice and smooth and the angles seem to be on point, well worth the money in my opinion, even more so with the 20% off. I have slowly updated all my power tools to Erbauer from old dewalts and makitas etc as I find them good quality for price, especially the bare units. The new style batteries 4.0 and above last all day and take under 60 mins to charge. I was also told by a guy at screwfix that because Erbauer is their own make that if you have issues with them the return/exchange policy is much simpler as they just replace them ( not sure how true that is but there you go).