Erbauer EXT Drill Question / Problem

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Camperdown, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Camperdown

Camperdown New Member

I have an Erbauer ECD-18-Li-2 drill which seems to have an intermittent problem but there's nothing documented in the manual.

Every so often, just after drilling something the white LED light starts flashing and the drill becomes unresponsive. Waiting doesn't make any difference, the LED just keeps flashing. The only solutions seems to be to remove the battery and re-insert it. Then it will sometimes start working ok, but most times it will only work once and then the LED starts flashing again.

There is nothing in the manual to say what this means. I have four EXT batteries and it doesn't seem to make any difference changing between batteries.

My problem is if I leave the drill for a while, the next time it can work fine, so taking it back to Screwfix the likelihood is it will work fine in the shop - it is still under warranty.

Does anyone know what it means when the white LED starts flashing?

Thanks

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Just take it back and explain the problem. I would be really surprised if they didn't replace it. I have found them very helpful on the rare occasion that I've had to return a faulty product.

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Check contacts in charger and drill. They bend down and can sit too lightly and not make proper contact so no power drill or not charge. Hook something under and lift up a tad so they make good contact.

Or just take back.

I had this problem with my mikita as would stop start random but fine now..

4. Camperdown

Camperdown New Member

Thanks for the quick replies.

I've had a look at the drill but the battery contacts are solid metal bars which would be really hard to bend and would prevent the battery from.fitting if they did get bent, so I don't think that's the problem.

It now seems to be saying up every time I use it, so I will take it back to Screwfix today and let you know how it goes.

candoabitofmoststuff and Wayners like this.