Erbauer Mitre Saw

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Norman McIntosh, Oct 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Norman McIntosh

Norman McIntosh New Member

Has anyone had a problem with the blade coming loose on the erbauer mitre saw ?
    I was using mine straight out of the box and working fine but after a day or two the saw started making a strange noise whilst braking after a cut. I checked the locking stud holding the blade in place and it was loose - I could take it out by my fingers - no tool required.
    Tried tightening using Allen key provided, as tight as I could make it. Worked okay for a while then same problem again. Any ideas please ?

2. George2018

George2018 New Member

You could use Loctite or superglue or a nylock nut however I think I'd take it back without any tampering for a refund and get a better model.

3. Norman McIntosh

Hi George,

I did wonder about using loctite but not sure if that would be permanent and mean I could not change the blade.
    It’s a brand new machine and very good otherwise.
    Screw fix are to replace it without quibble. Just hoping it’s a flaw on this one only.
    I would have liked to fix it rather than see a machine wasted.
    Thanks for your reply.

George2018 likes this.
  4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Has the round nut holding blade have a ridge on one side. This is for thick blades while the other flat side is for thin blades. It's the same setup on angle grinders. Get it wrong and blade is not clamped tight and can come loose

5. Norman McIntosh

Hi Wayners,
    The blade has a collar plate which has two lugs on it and they insert onto side of blade. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way to fit this, if there is it must have been wrongly fitted at factory.
    There is then a plain flat washer, then an Allen key style stud which you tighten up against the collar. This stud is opposite thread which I think makes sense as it should tighten as the blade cuts. But the problem seems to be that this stud slackens off during use and leaves the blade slack. It makes a strange noise during braking and sometimes during a cut the blade just stops whilst the motor runs on.
    Definitely a defect of some sort.
    Hopefully the new one I get today is okay.

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Ah..yes. Take it back...sounds like something is wrong but can be frustrating when you don't know what

7. graham35

graham35 New Member

Hi Norman What model is your:
    Erbauer Mitre Saw that has the problem

8. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

Get a replacement mine has lasted for 10 years and for the last five years it has been in a damp shed and it still works for chopping firewood.