estate agent trickery ???

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by hi2u_uk, Jun 24, 2019.

1. hi2u_uk

hi2u_uk Member

i have found a house which i am interested in viewing , i have seen it advertised on the right move website. My main issue is that on rightmove's house price history section i can see the exact same property pictures, the same floor plan layout section and the same estate agent who advertised it in 1998. It was last sold in 1998
    Why are they using the same pictures etc
    Could this be dodgy somehow ? or am i overthinking this

2. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Yes,perhaps its the same house? Go and have a look.

3. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Think you may be overthinking it. If it's the same agency they may have not got round to taking new photos or just too lazy to do so. Interior may be better 20 years later than in the original photos; could be worse of course. The floor plan may not have altered, probably hasn't, so no issues there.

Go and have a look, you've got a good reference point from the old photos.

4. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

lazy
    had an epc done on one hse said improvment inslate cavity
    no cavity
    phoned him up told me he done it from post code
    and there supose to visually do or prove info from other parties such as local council
    LAZY

5. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

The biggest con with estate agents is the stretched photos, they make a garden look 100ft long but there are only 4 fence panels in the picture, or the massive living room that has the widest TV you have ever seen.

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I find a lot of properties look way different compared to the 'pics'.

Also, when an agent says "We have another viewing next" when they haven't! Or, "Had offers already" when viewing, when they haven't!

7. gas monkey

just sold one paid them 2 grand on the market for a month and 4 showings 1st bought

8. gas monkey

thank goodness i did not use them a

9. gas monkey

and your point is

10. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

My estate agent offered me the photo-shop package where they re-rouch the photos to make the grass look greener and the sky blue-er etc. Really!

11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have seen estate agents pictures where the have photographed a house with unmade beds and underwear on the floor, bathroom with towels on the floor and washing, let the imbeciles whom took pictures of a house on bin day with the rubbish bags in the front on the house.