Euro final tonight.

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

All set to go and enjoy your spaghetti tonight - it's coming home!:)

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What's a Euro final?

3. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

UEFA European football Championship. England's in the final and 1-0 up at half time. We're going to win it!

4. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Brexit...
    And never going back...
    1-0
    So far
    Happy days.
    :D

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Oh! not a hockey fan myself.

6. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Neither am I
    Not much else going on at the moment.
    Bring back the days when we discussed AllSorts of subjects .
    Everybody Chipping In.
    Funny old world ...
    All the best.
    PhilSo

7. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I watched, I was felt sick when it went to extra time and penalties.

I'm feeling so depressed now, simply because it was something that the country had actually come together for despite all the other ****

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

On the bright side lookout for the potential rise in Covid cases over the next month due to the mass gathering and total lack of social distancing.....we will be back in lockdown by October.

9. koolpc

koolpc Screwfix Select

Awesome result

10. ElecCEng

ElecCEng Screwfix Select

Don’t lose sight of the fact that getting to the final and facing Italy was an amazing achievement by the manager and team given performance under the previous regimes, and the fact it DID bring (one part of) the country together!

11. ElecCEng

ElecCEng Screwfix Select

Not going to happen. If we go into lockdown again that’s the start of an annual back and forth that will go on for ever, destroying businesses and personal freedoms, whilst placing far more people in danger from other diseases.

COVID is currently being spread by dirty little oiks who don’t know how to keep themselves or the place they live in clean, and a lot of entitled older people who think its ok to visit every shop in their town in a daily basis for as long as they like, touching every single surface as they go.

Allowing the overpaid superstars of the football world to run around spitting, hugging and deliberately barging into each other every 5 seconds with zero consequence isn’t exactly setting a good example.

Just thoughts… ;)

12. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

As heartbreaking as that was, I felt even more sick seeing videos of italian fans being jumped on and beaten by crowds of angry bald "england" fans at the stadium, not to mention the onslaught of racist abuse directed towards Sancho/Rashford/Saka.. etc

Ashamed and embarrassed by the minority, but proud of Gareth and the boys

P.S though... Rashford's penalty was just awful, put your ****** laces through the ball!!

13. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Penalties get saved - either by good goalkeeping or luck. When that happens - the player is rarely at fault. Professionals, specifically put there to take penalties, SHOULD NEVER MISS. That will go down in history as one of the worst penalty kicks ever.

14. JOMEL

JOMEL Active Member

Yes well done England no matter what the final result was.
    Watching these big matches of late
    I just feel its a contact sport now, more getting tripped , appealing to the Ref just
    like a set of kids.
    That blatant grabbing the players shirt at the neck that was well caught on cam.
    It would of been " go and have an early shower lad".
    Not smack on the hand and dont do it again.
    Yes I remember when the Bobby Charlton got £10 for playing. God I am I that old

Johnny M

ElecCEng likes this.
  15. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

The behaviour of some of those so called fans was disgusting. It would be nice if they could be traced and prosecuted. The videos I have seen clearly show some of the offenders and anyone who recognises them should report them.

16. ElBloggs

ElBloggs New Member

I don't understand why the situation with fans are always like this... Couldn't they be normal?o_O