Eurodisney (ED)

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sally green, Jun 9, 2019.

1. sally green

sally green Active Member

Hey
    Never been before, been to Disneyland in the usa east and west coasts.
    Few questions please and i have searched tripadvisor etc, but can't see some of the answers.

We are staying 5 mins outside ED
    Parking for a car up to 9 seats is 30eu or 45eu per day if we want to park near the entrance.

Q: Are we allowed to return to the car on the same day and return?

The tickets we are buying for ED are the stand ones for adults, ie a park per ticket
    so we are buying 3 each as doing one park twice over 6 days.

Q: Food places within the parks, i've worked out that it will average about 18eu per person
    per sitting in fast food, American eating type place and big Mac is a bit cheaper, am I right and any
    recommendations? (We are talking bottled water)

The weather is supposed to be good when we go but you can't trust forcast that goes beyond the next day, so what can you do if it rains?

When you went, any tips?

We plan on having breakfast at our hotel on ED days, take snacks and drinks, lunch around 2 and another snack about 6 and then a meal when we return to hotel.

The other days we are driving to paris and tour bus etc.

I am now aware re toll charges.

Byw, never been on a ferry before, going on the bigger P&O ferry out and back - what an average cost of a sandwich/burger and cuppa/cold drink.

We have an ok budget but last thing i want to do is pay 30-40eu for **** meals.

Thanks

x

2. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

My tip, check TripAdvisor

3. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I went couple of year ago spent 3hours in a queue for a ride was like that on every ride the place itself is good but the queues are insane

sally green likes this.
  4. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Went when it 1st opened, i remember it being very expensive but good fun.

sally green likes this.
  5. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I've been, rain, cold * and full of french.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2019
    gadget man likes this.
  6. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

So you don't like then?..:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2019
  7. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

I've been a few times - it hasn't been called Euro-Disney for a few years - it is "Disneyland Paris" now.
    (Often abbreviated to "DLP" on the forums)

You will have either a small plastic card or a "magic band" that will allow you to come and go fron the car park as you please.
    The 18euros per meal is probably about right - the food is expensive, but the experience is great, so if yiou can get over the price you are in for a real treat.

If it rains then everything carries on as normal. Most of the queue areas are under cover, so you might get a little wet but it is survivable. They sell rain poncho's in the park but I think they are 20E for an adult and 10E for a child. You can buy them ahead of time on amazon for a fraction of this and they fold down to nothing in your bag.

Just take empty water bottles - there are plenty of places you can get them filled in the park. Any of the food outlets will be happy to hand over as many cups of water as you would like for free.
    When having your breakfast at the hotel grab a few extra banana's or pastries etc on the way out and wrap them up for later in the morning.

Download the "My Disney" app and if you already have yout tickets you should be able to start booking fast-passes now. They won't be available for the more popular rides when you arrive, so advance booking is essential.

Make sure that everyone knows what to do if anyone in your party gets seperated or lost - pick a rendezvous point and agree that after 10 mins of searching you will head back there. if it's a kid that gets seperated tell them to find the nearest cast-member and let them know they are lost. It can happen when you least expect it.

If you are keen on meeting the characters then the easiest way is to book a breakfast/lunch/dinner at Cafe Mickey or the Inventions buffer - thet are expensive but all the characters come to your table for photos etc.

sally green likes this.
  8. sally green

sally green Active Member

Thanks all and in particular to Furious-customer.
    I have been researching since and before, went first to Trip advisor but nothing, but
    more research landed me on a DLP forum and along with help from you guys and the other site,
    got more help than I anticipated. The weather is supposed to be hot week after next but I
    don't trust forecasts that predict more than a day.

Btw, I actually forgot my daughter went a few years ago with her school and spoke with her today as she returned from hols in Newzealand
    and she confirms it's expensive but worth it.

9. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

If you use the fast-pass system well then you can mostly avoid the queues for all but the main 1 or 2 rides of the year.

10. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

The DIBB is good for all things disney, if you like that sort of thing.