Eve Thermo smart TRVs installed

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by My Home Farm, Aug 16, 2019.

1. My Home Farm

My Home Farm Member

Six months ago we replaced all 12 of our conventional TRVs on our radiators with Eve Thermo TRVs. Now that these smart TRVs have been in place for six months, we provide a real life review of whether they were worth the upgrade, whether they have had an impact on the efficiency of heating your home and how they integrate into our central heating system.

I was hoping to hear if any of you have installed smart TRVs and what you think of them.

More information is available here: https://myhomefarm.co.uk/eve-thermo-review

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

I am about to installed iTRVs - the Drayton Wiser ones that will replace the TRV4 heads. For me its more about practicality rather than cost savings. There will be an extension with UFH and the feed for this will be someway from where the bioler and airing cupboard is, moving to the Wiser system allows me to provide a remote feed/return, the 2 port valve for the house CH is inline with just the hall rad (which is the only non TRV rad) and everything is then controllable if I want only house or only UFH on.

3. My Home Farm

My Home Farm Member

I'm very curious to hear about how the Drayton iTRVs will perform and function. Do you also need to hook them up to a hub/gateway, assuming you're going to control/programme them from an app.

4. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

Yes, the hub is supplied as part of the kit. I have a 3 zone kit (HW and 2 x CH zones) which comes with 2 wireless room stats and I bought 7 TRVs for all rads except the hall which remains controlled only via the room thermostat.

5. My Home Farm

My Home Farm Member

Is it an oil boiler?

6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

Nope, standard gas condensing boiler, 18KW.