Extending a toilet pan flexible connector

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Its-Never-Ending, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Its-Never-Ending

Its-Never-Ending New Member

flexi pan connector.png Hi everyone,
    I am trying to connect a toilet pan to a soil pipe (110mm), using a flexible connector of the type shown in the image, as the soil pipe is in the eaves of a loft conversion and difficult to get to. However it still doesn't reach the pan - am I able to attach something else to extend this further? The ribbed end I have pushed into the soil pipe, which leaves me with the end (with a large rubber seal) which connects to the pan outlet. Would appreciate any advice, as I cannot seem to source the correct extension pipe and am unsure how they would interconnect anyway.
    Regards...

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

You might simply need to extend the soil pipe first with a conventional push fit coupling and length of pipe so that you can then use the fitting you have.

Edit: As KIAB says - Does the adaptor not extend enough anyway?

4. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Exactly, need a photo,so we can see what we are dealing with.:)

5. Its-Never-Ending

Thank you both for your prompt advice - have attached a photo

Regards...

Attached Files:

6. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Think it would be best to extend the soil pipe first,as to how much I can't say, without seeing the stack pipe.
    Going to have to open things up abit to get access.

7. Its-Never-Ending

KIAB, it does eventually go into a branch, but that's under the eaves somewhere, which leads to the rear of the property - photo just shows end of flexi connector coming out of wall, sorry.

8. Its-Never-Ending

Will look into extending the soil pipe first, as you have both suggested, many thanks for your time.

Regards...

9. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

The longest flexi is about 400mm, any longer you will start to get problems with sagging.

If branch is push fit, it might be easy to rotate it, & then extend with rigid pipe to toilet,need a slight fall.

10. Its-Never-Ending

OK point taken, thanks again...

11. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

Another little piece of advice - once you have the waste located, fix a brace across the front of the cabinet as low down as you can get as you do not want it splaying out. The Keku clips will hold the front on but not stop any sideways movement.

12. Its-Never-Ending

Good advice Pollowick - will definitely do that, thank you.

13. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Good idea the rigid soil pipe should be extended to the wc so not needing flexi pipe. ;) ,them flexi pipes have limitations. Some are known to sag when fully extended especially after a hot curry :D

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  14. NoOhmToGoTo

NoOhmToGoTo Active Member

To answer your first question, McAlpine do an extender that looks like a straight pan connector but the spigot is slightly larger so it is a better fit in the rubber seal.
    Agree with all above, flexi pipes are a lazy bodge.