Extending C/H into loft

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jj, May 28, 2004.

1. jj

jj New Member

Current combi has enough BTU for new rads in loft but as it's only two rads is there any need to extend a 22mm flow and return from the 1st floor or can i get away with feeding them on 15mm ?

2. jmcbuilders

jmcbuilders New Member

You can run 4 rads on 15 mm if they are fed by 22. You might need an auto vent as they will be the highest point. JMc

3. bilco

bilco New Member

Assuming it's a two pipe small bore system and the 22mm is still adequate, then yes, 15mm will do.

Unless you intend raising the pipework up and then down again (forming a loop), you will not need auto vents.

Check that you are not reaching the critical load/capacity of the pressure vessel.

4. Mr MAN

Mr MAN New Member

Dormouse,

Dial-a-ride at your service - want a lift to club in Rochester Kent called Amadeus then? We got no wheel chair carrier but one of the rugby girls will sort you out. Don't worry about that big butterfly on the door I'll bring down some of the 7 year old girls from Moss Side (Manc) to have a word with him (the lads might be too much)!!! Anyway if the girls can't get the better of the butterfly just ensure you've got a bullett proof vest on.

Oh yeh, Al-Yeti, one word answers you git - get a life, your still a to@@er

M.......

5. Mr MAN

Mr MAN New Member

just how did this happen then - I'll re-post where it should be - please ignore!!!!

6. jj

jj New Member

You can run 4 rads on 15 mm if they are fed by 22.
    You might need an auto vent as they will be the
    e highest point. JMc

Every single rad has it's own "T" into the 22mm, so in effect, I could easily add two more rads off any other convenient rad from the first floor.

RE: Unless you intend raising the pipework up and then down again (forming a loop), you will not need auto vents.

Not sure what you mean, will just be taking up the flow and returning the return....

RE: Check that you are not reaching the critical load/capacity of the pressure vessel.

Again not sure about this one - easily checked ?, or time for a professional opinion ?