Extending Garden, What wood..?

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Paul Donnelly, May 19, 2020.

1. Paul Donnelly

Paul Donnelly New Member

Hi all,
    Looking for some advice here, I'm wanting to extend the useable garden area to my rear boundary. Currently have a retaining wall and then between 8ft/9ft (Back fence not straight) of space which doesn't get used, the length of this unused space is over 50ft.
    I've got steps taking me down and then it's about 5ft height to the top garden.

I'm thinking about putting a raised deck area over 40ft of this space. Obviously I won't be using traditional decking as I know the pitfalls, but what is best to use which isn't compo
    site decking.

The steps I have in are 8x2 and c16 wood, these have been in 2year and don't get slippy, should I just use the same.

For the base I'm thinking 4x4 posts all along back, scaffold rakers from retaining wall to prevent future lean potential and a scaffold support in the middle.

Just don't know what to do with this space and thinking if so raise it we would use it more effectively.

Thanks all.

2. Paul Donnelly

Paul Donnelly New Member