Eye protection mists up

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by AEP, Oct 22, 2005.

1. AEP

AEP New Member

I wear safety glasses and a dust mask (they are separate items) and find that my glasses get steamed up and makes visibility poor.

Can anyone suggest alternatives to prevent this please?

2. panlid

panlid New Member

hi aep. i wear glasses but when i wear a mask i had the same problem as you. i cured it by getting a better quality mask and not the cheap white ones. i found that they did not seal the bridge of the nose properly and my breath was going through gap into my glasses.
    worked for me, give it a try.

3. kitchentap

kitchentap New Member

Go to any motorbike shop and they should have a little spray bikers use to stop the helmet visor misting. You might need to reapply each day you need the glasses but should work reasonably well.

4. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

The 'uvex ultravision' goggles i use have an antimist coating on the lense, seems to work well even on a cold day.

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

I've noticed the mist up as well.

I used a cheap breathing mask without the little bit of flexible metal that goes on the bridge of your nose.

I bought the ones WITH the little bit of flexible metal that goes on the bridge of your nose and just pinched it on my nose and it has worked a treat for me.

Hope it helps.

6. AEP

AEP New Member

Thanks for the tips guys, I will try your suggestions

7. handyman.

handyman. New Member

8. owen

owen New Member

i use the more substantial masks similar to the one in handyman's link, and have no problems at all with misting. I don't bother with the cheap masks now, i find they are a total waste of time in comparison.

9. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

might sound a bit gross ,but try spitting on the inside of the mask and wiping it with a cloth. Works with scuba masks !!!!!!

10. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Being a glasses wearer I could never find anything that didnt mist up until I got a full face mask.

11. Fabulous Freda

Fabulous Freda New Member

might sound a bit gross ,but try spitting on the
    inside of the mask and wiping it with a cloth. Works
    with scuba masks !!!!!!

Would that be the clear variety or the heavy duty green ?

12. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Wipe a bit of fairy liquid round on the inside with damp cloth then dry off.

Mr. Handyandy - really

13. PJH74

PJH74 New Member

Just like to say I've been working in the Chemical Industry for the last 14 years, we have to wear goggles about 70% of the time we are outdoors and I've still not found anything that stops them steaming up.

14. Cumiskeyp

Cumiskeyp New Member

Hi Lads,

I got my hands on the trend face mask. It has a rechargeable battery powered air filter. Have no problems with steam up while air filter is on.

regards

Peter

15. happy_chopper

happy_chopper New Member