Failure to quote

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by spindle, Jan 28, 2007.

1. spindle

spindle New Member

Hi all
    I have a question why would people fail to quote when they say leave it with me for a couple of days ?
    The problem i have is i want my bathroom totally re-fitting i have had four guys round who have spent 15-20 mins taken notes measuring talking about the job, no quote comes of it.
    I think the whole job is worth about 3.5k with £2k on materials. surly someone wants 1500 pounds for 5 days work. What do you think ?

2. r2d2

r2d2 New Member

why would people fail to quote when they say leave it with me for a couple of days ?

Most likely snowed under with work. :)
    Keep trying.

3. chris roast

chris roast Member

more like the job is not easy, and don,t want the work,
    some jobs are just not worth the hassle you get from them. also if you are thinking it will be 3.5k to do, they are thinking my quote is going to be no where near that so i won,t quote, becuase i know a bathroom company and they have a minimum £5k per job/

4. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

Hi all
    I have a question why would people fail to quote when
    they say leave it with me for a couple of days ?
    The problem i have is i want my bathroom totally
    re-fitting i have had four guys round who have spent
    15-20 mins taken notes measuring talking about the
    job, no quote comes of it.
    I think the whole job is worth about 3.5k with £2k on
    materials. surly someone wants 1500 pounds for 5 days
    work. What do you think ?

I get this all the time. Forget them but make sure that you let as many people as possible know that they are unreliable. They will likely come back to you when they have nothing better to do. Tell them to f^ck off when they do

5. yuri_gausgarin

yuri_gausgarin New Member

1500 pounds for 5 days work....££££s

I will be they in a breath ....top job ...pay when YOU LIKE...

6. whatever

whatever New Member

Forget them they dont want the job and are too gutless to just tell you

7. yuri_gausgarin

yuri_gausgarin New Member

spindle

Im Polish ..

But I learn/qicker see you bad customer .....an so no one wants it ...

8. multi trade

multi trade New Member

What, They actually turned up ? Waited in a flat for a plasterer to estimate for 3 ceilings and skim 2 rooms fair amount of work. Said he would meet me at the property at 7pm I waited to 7.25, ready to go then he calls " where exactly are you " ..... gave him more directions he said " I just passed that few mins ago I'll just turn round see you shortly "......THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO still waiting!!!

9. PDPS

PDPS New Member

Hi Spindle,

Where are you?

Perhaps someone reading this forum might want to get in contact with you and, hopefully, actually give you a quote!

10. spindle

spindle New Member

Northampton

11. > "......THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO still waiting!!!

'I remember when
    I was five and you were ten, boy
    You knew that I was shy
    So you teased and made me cry
    But I loved you

Im waiting
    Ooh, still waiting
    Im just a fool
    Ooh, Im a fool
    To keep waiting....'

12. CWP

CWP New Member

Hi Spindle - where in Northampton are you, I ask as I'm near Banbury and may be able to help you.
    Regards
    Clive

http://www.cw-plumbing.co.uk

13. smithp60

smithp60 New Member

**** it I don't want the job! lol.

14. smithp60

smithp60 New Member

Sorry for being flippant. I just think there is so much more than plumbing involved in this type of project and it is so hard to price.

You need demolition, electrics, plumbing, plastering, tiling, chippy and possibly glazing.

Add in rubbish removal, warranty and the inevitable "can you have a look at this well you are here" and a full quote or estimate goes out the window.

15. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

'spindle' have you checked your credit records, before berating these poor chaps??